Gartner defines business process as a service (BPaaS) as the delivery of business process outsourcing (BPO) services that are sourced from the cloud and constructed for multitenancy. Services are often automated, and where human process actors are required, there is no overtly dedicated labor pool per client. The pricing models are consumption-based or subscription-based commercial terms. As a cloud service, the BPaaS model is accessed via Internet-based technologies.
So if i want to describe it in simple few words it's a BPMS hosted on the cloud, as any cloud service it has number of advantages so here are some advantages of moving business process management to the cloud:
- Decreased costs from not buying and maintaining servers to manage and coordinate business process.
- Increased mobility, by accessing the solution from any geographical point. This allows businesses the opportunity to grow and expand much faster.
- Scalability by allowing companies to add new processes without much infrastructural cost
- Reliable security
- Pay-as-you-go pricing model as most of services running on cloud.
Facts & Figures
The statistic shows the size of the cloud Business Process as a Service (BPaaS) market from 2008 to 2020. In 2017, the Business Process as a Service market is predicted to be worth around 6 billion U.S. dollars worldwide.
HANA CLOUD PLATFORM BUSINESS SERVICES
The second innovation announcement is about the new Business Process-as-a-Service (BPaaS) capabilities of the SAP HANA Cloud Platform (HCP). HCP is the cloud platform for business that can serve the entire ecosystem engaged in rebuilding and re-imagining all the new digital experiences. These high value business services offer developers agilty and acceleration of building their business applications. At this time we are announcing two of these services in the BPaaS space: SAP Hybris as a Service and SAP Tax-Calculation-as-a Service.
- New SAP Hybris as a Service on SAP HANA Cloud Platform allows you to quickly setup and deliver ecommerce capabilities and customer loyalty programs. These include: hybris Commerce, hybris Marketing and others.
- New SAP Tax-Calculation-as-a-Service – is a RESTful API tax calculation microservice that automatically computes taxes anywhere in the world without the need of lawyers or the need to understand international tax law.
My research on this topic is still on...
To be continued...
Image from FPT Tech