WHAT'S NEW?
Loading...

Usefull resources about Social Network Sites

During my quest to find good reliable resources for my thesis research i found these papers that i thought it would be a great idea to provide them all in one location to ease the process for other researchers - no need to thank me its all there on the internet am just facilitating.

The first one entitled by "Social Network Sites: Definition, History, and Scholarship" by boyd, d. m., & Ellison, N. B. it helped me a lot in building the first part of my thesis where i have tried to define social network & its history then i listed general features of SNS with description about each one of them.

"FUTURE OF SOCIAL NETWORKING by Richard Longair" A short paper but yet up to the point that is concerned about the future of SNS as it title clearly show.


"Online Social and Business Networking Communities" a rich paper that tackles SNS from various aspects from a definition to a brief history up to summarizing various SNS features also a description of various SNS business models is alos provided.

"Overview of business models for Web 2.0 communities" & "Web 2.0 and Business" are both on my analysis to do list but didnt have the chance to go through them yet.

Good Luck

2 comments:

Lana Mae Kamer said...

Just passing through on a blog hopping binge-hey, have you read the book, Never Eat Alone, by Keith Ferrazzi? That is a fabulous book about social and business networking. I absolutely loved it and it has helped me so much! I am also in my masters program-for counseling-all this studying is so much fun!
Best of luck!

Maen Mola said...

Many thanks, but unfortunately I didn’t I’ll try to get it soon before I submit my report later this august!!! mainly I am interested in the Future of Social network sites and their viability to host businesses on their platforms, so if you came on a paper that will help me in that post it for me plz ;)