WHAT'S NEW?
Loading...

Recent Read: Measure What Matters




While browsing the internet months ago i came across Bill gates post "Management tips from a brilliant business leader", personally i always admire bill gates tips on management & leadership as he has a very solid proof that he is good at it. BUT once i reached to this statement in a post written by Bill  "I consider Andy one of the great business leaders of the 20th century." i skipped the remaining paragraphs in his post & started to look up the book that he was referring to: Measure What Matters: How Google, Bono, and the Gates Foundation Rock the World with OKRs

I received this book a week later and started eagerly to read through it, I am not in a position to review books or this book in specific, as a section head manager looking to improve his leadership skills i found this book a very interesting read. the concept of OKRs is totally new to me and i gradually started to implement it in my section. i am crossing my fingers that it will work with me knowing that Andy mentioned in his book that in order OKRs to be useful it should be adopted by the whole organization - a very long shot in my case -  and i will keep you updated of my progress.


This book will be of most use for those involved in technology startups, because the examples given are directly applicable to familiar concepts like agile and continuous improvement and iteration however, any business owner or manager, who truly wants to grow their business will find this book useful.

i highly recommend this book for all managers who seek to improve their leadership skills.


0 comments: