WHAT'S NEW?
Loading...

QUOTABLE RUGBY QUOTES

  • "Nobody in Rugby should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Jono Gibbs – Chiefs
  • "I'm going to graduate on time, no matter how long it takes." – Rodney So'ialo - Hurricanes - on University
  • "You guys line up alphabetically by height." and "You guys pair up in groups of three, then line up in a circle." - Colin Cooper - Hurricanes head coach
  • Chris Masoe (Hurricanes) on whether he had visited the Pyramids during his visit to Egypt: "I can't really remember the names of the clubs that we went to."
  • "He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is." - Colin Cooper on Paul Tito
  • Kevin Senio (Auckland), on Night Rugby vs Day Games "It's basically the same, just darker."
  • David Nosafora (Auckland) talking about Troy Flavell "I told him, 'Son, what is it with you. Is it ignorance or apathy?' He said, 'David, I don't know and I don't care.'
  • David Holwell (Hurricanes) when asked about the upcoming season: "I want to reach for 150 or 200 points this season, whichever comes first."
  • "Andy Ellis - the 21 year old, who turned 22 a few weeks ago"(Murray Mexted)
  • "Colin has done a bit of mental arithmetic with a calculator." (Ma Nonu)
  • "He scored that try after only 22 seconds - totally against the run of play." (Murray Mexted)
  • "We actually got the winning try three minutes from the end but then they scored." (Phil Waugh Warratah)
  • "I've never had major knee surgery on any other part of my body." (Jerry Collins)
  • "That kick was absolutely unique, except for the one before it which was identical." (Tony Brown)
  • "I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father." (Tana Umaga)
  • "Sure there have been injuries and deaths in rugby - but none of them serious." (Doc Mayhew)
  • "If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again."(Anton Oliver)
  • "I would not say he (Rico Gear) is the best left winger in the Super 14, but there are none better." (Murray Mexted)
  • "I never comment on referees and I'm not going to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat." (Ewan McKenzie)
  • Murray Deaker: "Have you ever thought of writing your autobiography?" Tana Umaga: "On what?"
  • "Well, either side could win it, or it could be a draw."(Murray Mexted)
  • "Strangely, in slow motion replay, the ball seemed to hang in the air for even longer."(Murray Mexted)

0 comments: